Are you enrolled in the Deferred Retirement Option Program (DROP) and retiring soon from the state?
It is important to make the right decision with your DROP once you retire. After all, it is your retirement! We highly suggest working with a financial advisor, and here’s why we suggest that you meet with us:
- You have a local team of seasoned professionals that you can talk to and meet with anytime as you see fit.
- Your DROP rolls over completely tax-sheltered.
- Backed by the robust resources and vast investment universe of one of the nation’s leading investment firms, you have access to a variety of advisory services, with portfolios customized specifically to suit your needs and goals.
- Your account will not be invested and forgotten – it will be periodically reviewed with you, tweaked, and rebalanced, as necessary and with your permission, in an effort to maximize performance and help ensure it stays on track toward your goals.
- We don’t just provide guidance for your DROP – we look at your entire financial picture, including debts, lending and liquidity needs, savings, investments, and more. We can also provide a full retirement plan analysis to help you gain a better insight into what your retirement looks like and how we may be able to improve it.
Stifel does not provide legal or tax advice. You should discuss your particular situation with your legal and tax advisors. Rebalancing may have tax consequences.
Stifel’s banking and lending services are provided by Stifel Bank and Stifel Bank & Trust (collectively Stifel Banks). Stifel Bank, Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender, NMLS# 451163, is affiliated with Stifel Bank & Trust, Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender, NMLS# 375103, and Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Incorporated, Member SIPC & NYSE, each a wholly owned subsidiary of Stifel Financial Corp. Unless otherwise specified, references to Stifel may mean Stifel Financial Corp. and/or any of its subsidiaries. Unless otherwise specified, products purchased from or held by Stifel are not insured by the FDIC, are not deposits or other obligations of Stifel Banks, are not guaranteed by Stifel Banks, and are subject to investment risk, including possible loss of the principal.